W Series connectors have been developed for utilisation where protection must be guaranteed under high pressures of liquids. The basic elements, insulators, contacts and clamping system are from the B series. The push-pull latching system has been replaced by a screw coupling system with watertightness maintained by compression of an O-ring in FPM (Viton®) according to the triangular shaped cavity principle. There are multiple application possibilities ranging from nuclear physics to the petroleum industry. After cable assembly, the rear part must be covered by an adhesive heatshrink boot in order to ensure watertightness on the cable side.
– multipole types from 2 to 32 contacts
– fibre optic or mixed types available upon request
– solder or crimp contacts
– keying system («G» key standard) for connector alignment
– multiple key options to avoid cross mating of similar connectors
– 360° screening for full EMC shielding
– rugged housing for extreme working conditions.